Thursday, February 28, 2013

Ham Asparagus Gratin


I got today's recipe from here a couple of years ago.  I love it because I love asparagus and surprisingly my kids like it too.  Even the baby was chomping on the gooey goodness.

Ingredients
1 can cream of Asparagus Soup (I have used cream of mushroom, also, and it tasted great)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups cooked cut asparagus
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked ham
2 1/4 cups rotini pasta, cooked and drained (about 4 cups)
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese or Swiss cheese (about 4 ounces) 

Directions:
Heat the oven to 400°F.

Stir the soup, milk, onion powder, black pepper, asparagus, ham, pasta and 1/2 cup cheese in a baking dish.  Bake for 25 minutes or until the ham mixture is hot and bubbling. Stir the ham mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

printable recipe here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment