Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Macaroni Deluxe Casserole



This is a recipe that I've had in my recipe binder since before I got married.  It is a family recipe from a friend.  I forgot to snap a "pretty" picture of it before we started chowing down.  The kids loved it and so did the hubby, so it might make an appearance on my dinner table more often.

Macaroni Deluxe Casserole (printable recipe here)

Ingredients:

3/4 lb hamburger 
1/2 green pepper (I used a red pepper) 
1 chopped onion 
1 can tomato soup 
1 can cream of mushroom soup 
1/2 large can of evaporated milk 
1 1/2 cups uncooked macaroni 
1 cup grated cheddar cheese (optional) 

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté onions and peppers.  Add hamburger and salt and pepper.  Meanwhile, cook pasta and drain.  Once meat is browned, drain.   In a casserole dish, combine macaroni, soups, milk and meat mixture.  Top with grated cheese. 
Mix and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment