Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Chicken and Black Bean Salad

 This recipe came from a picture posted on Pinterest.  There was no recipe only a picture, so I guessed the best I could based on what I could discern from the picture and took some liberties from there.


Chicken and Black Bean Salad

Ingredients
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced green chilies
1 can sweet corn, drained
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, diced
4-5 cilantro stems, chopped finely
1/2 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, finely diced

Directions
Boil chicken breasts until cooked through.  Drain and allow to cool in the fridge.

Meanwhile, in medium size bowl, combine drained black beans and drained corn.  Add green chilies.

Dice the tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, onion, and garlic. Add to bowl and stir to combine.

Once chicken is cool enough to handle, shred in to bite size chunks or strips.  Add to bowl and combine.

_____________

I should probably point out that the original picture I copied from didn't have avocado in it, and did have green onions instead of red onion.  Either way, I think it would still be fantastic.

This turned out to be delicious.  We serve it on a tortilla with some lettuce and sour cream.  The kids loved it and so did the hubby.

It would also be great as just a salad.  Add a little lime juice and some salt and pepper and eat as is.

I am thinking that next time I may try use Buffalo Chicken for this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment