Monday, March 18, 2013

Coffee Cake

Today's recipe comes from my friend Malia.  I have gotten a lot of great recipes from her and this one is no exception.

Totally forgot to take a picture of it before I started eating it.... oops!



Coffee Cake
Printable recipe here.

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
cinnamon and sugar

Directions
Preheat oven to 375.  Cream butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and sour cream.  Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add all at once.  Mix well.

Pour half of mixture into a greased coffee cake pan.  Add mixture of cinnamon and sugar.  Top with remaining batter.  Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the top and bake for 50-55 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I have tasted Malia's coffee cake a half dozen times and it is wonderful so I definitely wanted to try it on my own.  Here is my attempt in the oven ready to be baked.


Next time, I will add more cinnamon sugar to the middle.  Here is a side shot of my cake and you can barely see the little swirl of cinnamon sugar in there.  I probably used 3 Tbsp of cinnamon sugar in the middle.


Also, my edges were a little darker than I would have liked them.  I baked for 55 minutes.  Next time I will try 50 minutes or I will move the rack up.  It tasted delicious regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment