Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Taco Bake

I grew up with my mom making this recipe.  I've modified it a little over the years, I'll give you the low down on the changes.



Taco Bake (printable recipe here)

Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1/2 package taco seasoning
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 ½ cups water
1 can corn
1(8 oz) can tomato sauce
½ cup grated cheese
2 cups corn chips
1 can diced green chilies (optional)
1 (15 oz) can black beans (optional) 

Directions
Cook beef, drain fat.  Stir in taco seasoning and cornstarch.  Add un-drained corn, tomato sauce, rinsed beans, green chilies and water.  Cook to boiling, simmer uncovered 15 minutes.  Add ½ corn chips; pour into ungreased casserole dish.  Top with rest of corn chips and cheese.   

Bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees.

  
My modifications to the recipe include adding the green chilies and the black beans.  I added the green chilies as a way to add a twist on the taste and the black beans to make it more filling and feed more.



My kids love this dish and it tastes great served with a little sour cream and a green salad.  My favorite part?  the crispy chips and cheese on the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment