Monday, March 26, 2012

Easy Chicken Enchiladas - with Philadephia Cooking Creme

Photo stolen from Kraft's website

Made this recipe with the other Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme that I purchased last week with a coupon I got from Kraft First Taste (you should definitely sign up on this site if you aren't already a member).  This was super simple and tasted completely awesome!  We definitely will be making it again - so YUMMY!

So here's the recipe - my adjustment are in orange.

Ingredients
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 2 tsp oil
  • 3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts, mine was diced and not pre-cooked
  • 1 can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained - I used fresh diced tomatoes
  • 1 tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme, divided
  • 1/2 cup Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese
  • 8 flour tortillas
Directions:
  • Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Cook and stir onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium hat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.  Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cooking creme and shredded cheese. Cover.
  • Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up.  Place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme.  Cover.
  • Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.

So here's my adjustments to this recipe.  We didn't cook the chicken before hand.  We cut the chicken into cubes and cooked it with the onions and I also added a diced red pepper at this stage.  I didn't use canned tomatoes, instead I used fresh diced tomatoes.  I served with sour cream and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment