Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fresh Asparagus, Tomato & Chicken Pasta


Because of a great coupon I had, I purchased a container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme - Italian Cheese & Herb.  On the back of the carton was a recipe for Fresh Asparagus, Tomato & Chicken Pasta that sounded pretty good and because I had most of the ingredients already on hand, we gave it a try last night.  It was delicious!

Fresh Asparagus, Tomato & Chicken Pasta

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 1/2 lb thin fresh asparagus spears, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
  • 1/2 cup chopped onions
  • 1 tub (10 oz) Philadelphia Reduced Fat Italian Cheese & Herb Cooking Creme
  •  2 cups hot cooked whole wheat penne pasta
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
Directions
  • Cook and stir chicken, asparagus and onions in large nonstick skillet on medium heat 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is done and asparagus is crisp-tender.
  • Add cooking creme and pasta; cook and stir 3 minutes.
  • Stir in tomatoes.  Top with Parmesan.

Super simple recipe.  I did make a couple of alterations because of what I had on hand. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, so I just diced some roma tomatoes.  I also used garden penne instead of whole wheat because that package was already opened.  I didn't have shredded Parmesan cheese, so I just used grated Parmesan cheese from the bottle.  

It was delicious and the kids liked it too.  So creamy and yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment